You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by filing a No Fault claim if you are in a motor vehicle accident. Many people in states that have “No Fault” insurance laws are confused by the laws and may think that they do not have the right to recover for medical bills or loss of wages incurred because of injuries sustained in an accident because of injuries sustained in an accident when they are the driver of the car. “No Fault” insurance laws do not mean that victims of motor vehicle accidents do not have rights. 

“No Fault” means that the insurance company covering the car in which the injured party was travelling in is the insurance company that covers the medical bills or loss wages of the injured party – irrespective if they are at fault.  However, protecting your rights to have medical or economic coverage if you are in a motor vehicle accident is very important and requires that you take legal action by filing a No Fault Application WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE ACCDIENT and a Notice of Intent to make claim against the Supplement Underinsured/Uninsured coverage provisions of the policy covering the host vehicle as well as any policy covering any household vechicles within 90 days of the accident. 

We recommend that you contact an attorney after an accident and have the proper notices and applications served to protect your rights for payment of medical bills and economic recovery in the future. If it turns out that you do not suffer financially, protecting your rights – just in case – is important. It is not the Insurance Company’s responsibility to make you aware of your rights in the event of an accident.   It's your resposibility to know what your rights are and what you have to do to protect them.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your economic losses such as medical expenses and/or lost wages.   Consult with us to find out for sure.